Clean.io is a digital engagement security platform giving brands the control of the third-party code that executes on their properties to protect user experience, website integrity and revenue.
Whether it is letting online publishers run ads without hijacking their user experience, enabling platforms to deliver trillions of impressions knowing that attackers haven’t misused their technology to distribute malware, or allowing e-commerce merchants to implement their discount and affiliate strategy without worrying about stolen coupon codes and revenue loss, clean.io introduces granular control into complex workflows in advertising technology and ecommerce.
Clean.io is looking for a talented data engineer with a focus on business reporting. Clean.io data platforms process hundreds of billions of events related to malicious advertising and ecommerce threats.
You will build upon, optimize, overhaul, improve and iterate over the existing platform, envision new reporting capabilities while surfacing more data points to various internal and external teams in a timely and cost-effective manner, as well as create and manage new jobs to help bring about automation, normalize both data and query pulling and much more!
Location-wise, we are looking for someone on the East Coast. The headquarters is in Baltimore, MD, but this position can be fully remote.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of reporting tables across multiple teams
- Responsible for the optimal ETLs that will populate the above reporting tables
- Responsible for job design/management for automated reporting
- Responsible for upkeep and management of our Tableau server
- Responsible for data normalization for reporting purposes
Education and/or Experience:
- Understand all the intricacies and demands of data/dataflows specific to reporting
- Proficient understanding of a data warehouse and complete data flows
- Understand the need for a timely response and resolution to client-facing issues
- Basic understanding of Web-based applications
- Being a self-starter that has the ability to think both critically and with simplicity
- Nice to have:
- Looking for 2-3 years of experience OR a BA in computer science
- Previous experience working with databases and dataflows
- Familiarity with Scala/Python OR an affinity for learning new languages quickly.
- Experience with SQL at an Expert level
- Excellent analytical skills
Build Something With Your Own Hands:
Be a part of a passionate team that values and actions on your opinions – no matter how big or small the idea. Hands-on experience to learn from the top minds in the industry. This is a fast-paced environment that can be exciting and challenging. However, there is always a team behind your back
There are not many opportunities to come into a company, and work across multiple product lines and learn about the industries you are affecting! Whether it is diving into business/sales practices, learning more about cybersecurity, dabbling in product management, or just learning how a company operates, clean.io is completely open and dedicated to teaching you anything you are looking to learn about our industry or company.
Work Hard, Play Hard:
You spend most of the day with your coworkers. We want work to be a fun environment for you, and for you to enjoy coming in each and every day.
We have a great space in the Natty Boh Tower (Canton – Baltimore) located within walking distance to restaurants and bars.
We promote a culture of fun – with frequent work happy hours, unlimited paid time off, and team-building trips.
Unlimited PTO – we know stuff comes up
Free benefits (health, vision, and dental)
Monthly work happy hours… but also plenty of drinks in the fridge!
Pong tournaments – with a trophy
Unlimited snacks and great SWAG